You are planning a convention or a simple getaway and you’re asking yourself – why should I work with the Convention & Visitors Bureau for my upcoming event? I can handle everything than needs done! Just what does a CVB DO anyway?
Well, let’s address this question by discussing what exactly the Central PA Convention & Visitors Bureau (CPCVB) is and what is does for you. The CPCVB has two prongs – the first, the Visitor Center, caters to travelers looking for information, directions, a welcome to the area and so on. We have an extensive display area promoting all the various sides of Central PA and are proud to show off these displays to visitors stopping in. We also have a store in-house providing Penn State and Central PA merchandise.
The second prong is the Convention Bureau. This is the part of the organization that works with businesses coming to the area and helps visiting groups have access to everything that they want and need. We work to ensure YOUR visit to the area is as pleasant and memorable as possible, thus encouraging you to return. Since we know the area so well, the CPCVB is you one-stop outlet for all your meeting needs. Taking advantage of the expertise and knowledge of the sales team at the CVB saves you time and money.
Along that line, here are a few "perks" of working with the CVB:
- The CVB can distribute your RFP to obtain pricing and availability of future dates that you are considering for your meeting plans.
- The distribution of a RFP will only be sent to the meeting facilities that can accommodate your requirements. Since we are so familiar with the area, we can easily weed out the properties that will not fit your requirements.
- Proposals can be obtained for your review within 24 hours.
- After you have reviewed the proposals received, the CVB can assist you with site visits of any facilities that you are interested in.
- We can help negotiate the best prices for you and your group.
- There are no charges for the use of the CVB services!
Hopefully this has cleared up any questions regarding WHY you should use the CPCVB for your upcoming event. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to call our sales team at 814-231-1401 or toll-free at 800-358-5466. We can't wait to hear from you!